Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know any good karaoke bars?

Options
  • 28-10-2008 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Just wonderin if anyone knows of any good karaoke bars. I'm an aspiring singer and just want a bit of experience in front of a crowd. plus it's normally good craic.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

There's Ukiyo on Exchequer St. They have karaoke rooms downstairs so you'd only be singing in front of a small crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There are one or two places down on Capel Street too. Melody and
    Jade I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

JJ wrote: »
    There's Ukiyo on Exchequer St. They have karaoke rooms downstairs so you'd only be singing in front of a small crowd.

Avoid Ukiyo, it's CRAP. Their karaoke systems have a rubbish selection of songs, and they crash a LOT. Also the rooms are tiny and the A/C doesn't work so you will feel really uncomfortable.

I have heard Melody is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Somewhere near christchurch used to do trad music karaoke. Dunno if they still do, seemed like a great idea since it would be just drinking songs, that you do not really need a good voice for, and I expect everybody would join in. I never went though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Break for the border are having a 13 week competition every Friday night starting very soon, I will keep you all up to date when the dates are confirmed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Capo Americas have Karaoke every Wed night

unreggd wrote: »
    Capo Americas have Karaoke every Wed night

I must drop in and check it out :) thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I always found that Songs of Praise yoke in the Village to be great fun. It was on Sundays if I remember correctly, but I haven't been in a while so I dunno if it's still going on.

I always found that Songs of Praise yoke in the Village to be great fun. It was on Sundays if I remember correctly, but I haven't been in a while so I dunno if it's still going on.

Yes it's still going strong I do believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭*Simone*

Karaokeing is my specialty! :D

By far the BEST karaoke place is the Woolshed on Parnell St, Dublin 1 (beside Cineworld cinema). Its an Australian bar with a really good atmosphere and very cheap booze.

Their karaoke night is every Thursday from 9:30pm. Stays open til 1am. There's a meal voucher to be won every week for the best/funniest performer!

Highly recommend it!!

• Advertisement

*Simone* wrote: »
    Karaokeing is my specialty! :D

By far the BEST karaoke place is the Woolshed on Parnell St, Dublin 1 (beside Cineworld cinema). Its an Australian bar with a really good atmosphere and very cheap booze.

Their karaoke night is every Thursday from 9:30pm. Stays open til 1am. There's a meal voucher to be won every week for the best/funniest performer!

Highly recommend it!!

Deadly stuff I will have to check out !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Fibbers rock karaoke on every Friday. :p

I am going to be at this gig and sponsoring the event! Hope to see you guys there on the 15th!!!

l_414700e09afd4aa494ad00b3920c83a3.png

It is in Break for the border every Friday from the 15th starting at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

woodshed on parnell st dublin thursday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Advertisement