Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert lecture days

Options
  • 28-10-2008 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

A teacher in my school says they are really good.

They are quite expensive at 100 euro a go but if its worth it i would like to go.

Has anyone ever gone? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I went to the English one last year down in Cork.
    Practically my whole English class went.

Personally, I thought it was absolutely awful- a total waste of money. The notes were completely useless and I thought the lecture guys were pretty crap as well.

Saying that, one or two people thought it was good.
    Literally though, one or two. Out of at least 25 people from my english class.

I went last year, and to be honest they aren't brilliant. I personally got nothing from the day itself, but the notes were relatively handy.

Since a large amount from our class went, the individual price was discounted to about 60 euros; at 100 euros it's far too steep and definitely not worth it in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I went to the French one last year and it was terrible. We had to pay €75 and it was a complete and utter waste! I would definitely not recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I personally wouldn't go. I basically threw €100 down the drain last year. I did the English one and I followed all the A1 tips and used the notes frequently. I got a C1 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anncarmel1

ANY RECENT OPINONS ON LEAVING CERT LECTURE NOTES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭marko747

anncarmel1 wrote: »
    ANY RECENT OPINONS ON LEAVING CERT LECTURE NOTES

yeah I am looking at them too, got a sheet on the English one in class, any suggestions?

Advertisement