Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for people to play with

Options
  • 28-10-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I live in Knock, Mayo. Moved here from England 2 years ago. I am a guitar player of intermediate standard. I play mainly fingerstyle celtic tunes, bluegrass, ragtime, blues and anything with a good melody.Would like to here from anyone living near who would be interested in jamming together. I would like to escape from my closeted playing by myself to broaden my musical horizons.I have limited experience of playing with others and have never performed in public. I also play a little fiddle and have been teaching myself the whistle.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hi Ray,

You might consider having a look at the stickies at the top of the forum, esp useful links. Also if you do a search for what you're looking for you'll find some other threads of people trying to meet up and have sessions!

Good luck,
    Jess

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ray Noble

Thanks Jess. I'll do that

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Ray Noble wrote: »
    I live in Knock, Mayo. Moved here from England 2 years ago. I am a guitar player of intermediate standard. I play mainly fingerstyle celtic tunes, bluegrass, ragtime, blues and anything with a good melody.Would like to here from anyone living near who would be interested in jamming together. I would like to escape from my closeted playing by myself to broaden my musical horizons.I have limited experience of playing with others and have never performed in public. I also play a little fiddle and have been teaching myself the whistle.

hey ray did you get any giggin done?
    How is the fiddle playing going for you? Might know a band looking for a fiddler
    Regards
    Rusty

Hi Rusty,
    Thanks for the interest. I haven't found any fellow musicians yet. I had a look at the posts and 'stickies' but couldn't find anything local. Unfortunately I don't know many people. I have hoped to get in on the sessions in Knock pubs which seem to occur about every 6 months but it seems a little clique. They are only advertised by word of mouth. I have left my contact details with the woman that runs them but she never got back to me when they had the last one which I discovered later. I will have a look in at a Wed night session at Shazy Mac's in Kilkelly I have recently heard about. It's a pity it's not exactly local.
    I am only a recent beginner at the fiddle unfortunately.I can play the Kerry Polka(can't everyone) without the music and a few other tunes like Boys of Blue hill while reading the music. My main instrument is the guitar.

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Thanks Ray,
    Good sessions every Tuesday in Gurteen co sligo
    also thursdays i think in a different pub
    For you it would be down to tubbercurry and turn right

If you hear of a fiddle player please get in touch or pass on my details
    Best of luck with the music
    Rusty

• Advertisement

Thanks mate...wil do. Good luck