Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Irish bookies online in another country

Options
  • 28-10-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Quick question...

Is there anything stopping a person using their online betting account, registered to an adress in Ireland and an Irish bank account, in another EU country? And I don't mean for a week or two on holidays, I mean if you were to relocate and contine using the account indefinitely.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Trine wrote: »
    Quick question...

Is there anything stopping a person using their online betting account, registered to an adress in Ireland and an Irish bank account, in another EU country? And I don't mean for a week or two on holidays, I mean if you were to relocate and contine using the account indefinitely.

Cheers!

Nothing at all, assuming that online gambling is allowed by the government of that country. The US would be the main example where it is illegal.

Edit: Also, bare in mind that online gambling firms frequently ask for proof of ID and address if you need to take money out of your account for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Mezcita wrote: »
    Nothing at all, assuming that online gambling is allowed by the government of that country. The US would be the main example where it is illegal.

Edit: Also, bare in mind that online gambling firms frequently ask for proof of ID and address if you need to take money out of your account for the first time.

He will be in EU not US.

Email the company and explain it to them, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

It shouldn't be a problem, but just make sure you have a facility to withdraw money - preferably to your bank account. A cheque may have to be sent to an Irish address etc.

Advertisement