Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyle Sports Competition

Options
  • 28-10-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

Anyone taking part in that Boylesports compo for the Audi TT?

You have to pick a premiership team every week (can't pick the same team twice), the amount of goals that team scores is the amount of points you recieve. The object is to hit 21 but no more, if you go over (said you're on 17 and you had chelsea two weeks ago 5 - 0, you'd bust.)

Anyone doing it at the moment? Think there's quite a few people in shops on 20..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

is this for the whole season?

That would be pretty hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Yea, its ongoing over the whole season and free to enter. As soon as someone in your local bookies wins, it starts over again untill someone else hits 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

It's a stupid competition and was only thought up to compete with Paddy Powers after they started their Last man Standing competition.
    I was going to enter it until I read the rules and decided not to bother.
    Too complicated and too daft.
    If you're on 20 and you're team scores 2 you go back to zero?
    You could be playing for months before anybody scores the 21.
    I'll stick to the €100,000 LMS comp, easier to play, after all everybody has played it in work so it's easy to understand the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I'm not complaining I won it yesterday in my local shop :)

I was on 19 goals and picked Bolton ! Didn't realise the rules were so strict though till I read up on them last week, such as going "bust" if you passed the 21, so it was rather tough in hindsight.

For winning in it in the shop I got €200 worth of free football bets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Sizzler wrote: »
    For winning in it in the shop I got €200 worth of free football bets :D

It's better than a kick in the teeth I suppose. Well done.

• Advertisement

I'm not complaining I won it yesterday in my local shop

Fair Dues

Did they tell you how you may win the car?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Fair Dues

Did they tell you how you may win the car?
    I go into the draw at the end of the season apparently. If you read the t's and c's though it doesnt state when or where the draw is held :rolleyes:

Took me 3 months to win it and I didnt join it till week 3 of the comp so Im guessing one winner from each of the 140 Boyle's shops, max? Thoughts anybody?

Was in a shop today and asked the bloke about it.
    All the people who score exactly 21 go into a "grand" draw where there is a random prize draw for vouchers, holidays etc (and the car :)).
    No idea of when and where though.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Was in a shop today and asked the bloke about it.
    All the people who score exactly 21 go into a "grand" draw where there is a random prize draw for vouchers, holidays etc (and the car :)).
    No idea of when and where though.
    Cheers mate :)

I have just used €100 of the €200 free bet on Real to beat Liverpool at 11/10. Easy come easy go :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I partook in a competition like this before but if you went bust you would start again at 15. makes it much easier to get a winner. Is this just in the shops or can you do it on their website?

• Advertisement

Just the shops mate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

ah rite cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Seems interesting. Might join this.

Advertisement