Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Insure - anyone any experience?

Options
  • 28-10-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

They seem to be fairly new to the Irish market & I just wondering if anyone has any experience of them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Popples

Hey Little A, I've never heard of Pet Insure, but I can tell you from my abundance of pets at home ( Four cats and a puppy ), Allianz offer great Pet Insurance cover, and you get a discount for subsequent pets.

Are you looking to insure? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yeah, get it! I stupidly got a purebred dog, so lots of problems. I have the insurance, without it I would have spent the equivalent of a small car. Covers so much, meds, vets, physio, hydrotherapy, after care... Brilliant policy, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Popples wrote: »
    Hey Little A, I've never heard of Pet Insure, but I can tell you from my abundance of pets at home ( Four cats and a puppy ), Allianz offer great Pet Insurance cover, and you get a discount for subsequent pets.

Are you looking to insure? :)

Are you looking to sell insurance?

(only asking!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Popples

big b wrote: »
    Are you looking to sell insurance?

(only asking!)

Eh no, I'm not!

I know, stupid question, asking if someone's looking to insure their pets when they clearly are, by asking about a company that sells Pet Insurance!

I just think Allianz do a good deal. I live in a "zoo" with fully insured animals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 windofchange

I had my little dog insured for medical expenses etc, not insured against the cost of replacements...that's just cold!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I think Alliannz are great, and well worth it.

A lot of insurance companies cover "replacements" by default. Not a nice thought, but still it's not like people choose it as an add-on (as far as I'm aware).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Eh no, I'm not!

I know, stupid question, asking if someone's looking to insure their pets when they clearly are, by asking about a company that sells Pet Insurance!

I just think Allianz do a good deal. I live in a "zoo" with fully insured animals!

Grand:)

No offence was intended, and I hope none taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DogNuts

Hi, just joined Boards.ie and saw this. I am insured with petinsure and they seem to be pretty good. I compared them with Allianz and their premium is lower and so is their excess so make up your own mind from there..... Anyone know any good toy poodle breeders in the Munster area by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

I just think Allianz do a good deal.

I don't think they do a particularly good deal - they're very 'one size fits all'. I have three indoor, neutered cats, yet they take no allowance of the fact that the risk of my cats being injured by a car, or catching a communicable disease like FIV through fighting with other cats is effectively nil.

I would welcome any new entrants to the market - no harm having a bit of healthy competition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DogNuts

We have already claimed from petinsure and they paid direct to our bank account within 48 hours - can't get much quicker than that!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DogNuts wrote: »
    Hi, just joined Boards.ie and saw this. I am insured with petinsure and they seem to be pretty good. I compared them with Allianz and their premium is lower and so is their excess so make up your own mind from there..... Anyone know any good toy poodle breeders in the Munster area by the way?

We use petinsure too for the same reason - cheaper than Allianz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Signed up with pet insure as well - cheaper than allianz. Hope I'll never have to use them, but it's better than no insurance at all.

About the 'replacement' - I just found the use of 'market value' pretty harsh (if you don't have a special breed pet, or got given the pet without payment).

What's the going rate for a 5 year old moggy cat? (who's very much alive ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Allianz offer great Pet Insurance cover, and you get a discount for subsequent pets.

Allianz are useless if you have anything other than a dog, rabbit or cat.

I might check out Petinsure to see if they cover other pets. I have three snakes that are worth €3000 betweem (one of €2000 and two of €500 ea) that I'd like to get insured

Advertisement