Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub Domain & Google

Options
  • 28-10-2008 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I set up a sub domain over 3 weeks ago on my server and linked it to and from the home page of my main site, but Google still hasn't picked it up yet. I know sub domains are treated as separate sites to the main site, but does it generally take more time for Google to index them?

I've set up analytics on the sub domain account and submitted the URL to Google but it still cant be found on the web :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 caminowebmaster

It is always easier to answer these questions when I can see the site.

Has the home page of your site been indexed during that time? Is there new content on the sub? If it is just, for instance, a blog install google will sometimes look and not index until there is content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solarpitch

It's actually being indexed now. I think the problem was I didn't link the sub domain to the main site up until a few days ago. I put a link to my main site on the sub domain and 2 days later it was indexed.

At least I'll know for future. ;)

Advertisement