Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 Temporary Footbridge

Options
  • 28-10-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know who is responsible for the maintenance of the Temporary Footbridge from Monastery Road to the Luas P&R?

The reason I ask is that this morning there was a slight build up of frost on it and small sections were quite slippy. It wasn't that cold this morning and I have visions of the ramped sections being impossible to use if it gets any colder.

Just want to make them aware of it now rather than later, when some old dear as snapped her hip!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

You could try 1800 77 50 50 (from m50.ie). I called it once when winds had blown railings blocking pedestrian route over N4. I think it ends up in SDCC or Dublin City traffic control.

Also, days numbered on that bridge. According to http://www.m50.ie/index.php?page=2008-10-22-layout-change:
    Monastery Road to Luas Red Cow Stop, pedestrian/cycle traffic will use a temporary footpath over the new Bowstring Bridge from the 6th of November (shown dotted green).

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Thanks jmkennedyie.

I had sent an email via the SDublinCOCO online query form. Got this reply this morning:

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX,

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your query regarding temporary footbridge from Monastery Road to the LUAS Park and Ride.

The new bowstring bridge at this location is due to open on the 6th November next and as such use of this temporary bridge will discontinue from 7th November next.

Regards

Edward Edge

Advertisement