Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property sales price transparancy for an efficient market

Options
  • 28-10-2008 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/property/2008/1023/1224625121642.html

In the UK, US, France, Holland and other 1st world countries property sales prices are made public quickly to ensure an efficient and transparent market. In Ireland the only sales prices information available is from auctions.

This needs to change.

Politicos and vested interests hide behind Data Protection laws, however there is no reason why the sales information cannot be released with no names associated.

This is such so Irish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The I.A.V.I. (apparantly) want this to happen too. I'd reckon that they think that the lack of price information is keeping buyers away, or that the chances of this happening are so slim, that they just want good PR for it.

Sales information with no name associated doesn't really work when you have an address to trace them to :) I think it'd be great to see this, would certainly be interesting what irishpropertywatch could do with the data.

Advertisement