Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly mouse

Options
  • 27-10-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When I move the mouse (optical - not wireless, not USB) to the right of the screen it strays off screen , just enough that it becomes invisible. It's a pain. It only happened recently.
    Win XP SP3 , Dell Flatscreen 1908WFP @ 1440 * 900, 32bit color, with an nVideo GeForce 7600 GS.

On the left side, it stops and is still visible , as it should be...

I've tried every option I could think of to fix this - no good :(

Any ideas ?

A.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Check the resolution you are running is correct. Adjust the monitor settings isn't extending outside of the viewable area of the monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Right click anywhere on the decktop and select properties

Then go to the settings tab.

There are probably two monitors displayed in the preview box select number two.

Then make sure the box extend my display unto this device is NOT ticked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

When you say just enough, how far are you talking? if you imagine scrolling across the nonexistant screen space, how far do you have to scroll back to get back on the real screen? if the mouse is lying just on the side off the screen, this is as it should be, it is this way so you can still click on the last line of pixels. The test for this is you should still be able the faintest of lines of your cursor on the side of the screen.

Imagine the flip side, if you weren't able to click something on the far right side of your computer, because the mouse didn't go far enough.

As for it not occuring before, if the above is the case, either you were mistaken, or your monitor was incorrectly set up

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

psittacosis:
    Yeah :) That did the trick. I realised I was earlier trying to get my video sender to send the screen to my TV and obviously screwed up the settings ....

nobeastsofierce:
    that logic works for me :)

Thanks to all

A.

Advertisement