Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eeepc 1000

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Always good to give the price

Total €420.93 including delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Check this thread for more info on what you're getting into by dealing with Laptops Direct.. To sum it up no support if theres a problem, difficult to get in touch with them etc. I have had personal experience of how bad they are to deal with when theres a problem.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055365923

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

+1. Beware, laptops direct are a nightmare to deal with. I would avoid like the plague, even if the deals are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

The Advent 4211 would be the same spec and cheaper in PC World. I think it is about 380.

The battery is better in the model identified by the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

machalla wrote: »
    Check this thread for more info on what you're getting into by dealing with Laptops Direct.. To sum it up no support if theres a problem, difficult to get in touch with them etc. I have had personal experience of how bad they are to deal with when theres a problem.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055365923

Agree here totally. I had purchased off them before without problems, however long story short, recent purchase of €2k worth of gear got an email that part order was out of stock. called and got monitors changed to same spec different brand, no additional cost. 10 days later no goods, called and was advised additional carriage due despite the fact order was placed online. 5 days trying to get sorted, promised manager would call back every day. Worst customer service and attitude i have ever dealt with.

More the point, i felt so strong about it that when i complained i was told that this had to go in writing. So hence the first letter of complaint i have ever sent. Stay away from them. Will cost you long term if you are unfortunate enough to have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

took your advice and ordered from pixmania hopefully ill get it soon!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

JAMM222 wrote: »
    took your advice and ordered from pixmania hopefully ill get it soon!:D

:eek: Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

:eek: Oh dear

Pixmania are fine once the item is in stock and isnt faulty when you receive it. Otherwise they are a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

+1 for pixmania. I know they can be awful if things aren't in stock etc, but I just got an eeepc 1000h off of them and it was delivered within 3 working days. Only annoying thing was that I needed to ring them up (in France) once the order was placed to confirm details.

• Advertisement

according to the ups website it will be delivered tomorrow if it is that is impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

They're quite speedy in their delivery, yes.

just arrived! very happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 krisj2000

TimAy wrote: »
    +1 for pixmania. I know they can be awful if things aren't in stock etc, but I just got an eeepc 1000h off of them and it was delivered within 3 working days. Only annoying thing was that I needed to ring them up (in France) once the order was placed to confirm details.
    To: TimAy
    What shipping option did you choose? Was it standard or UPS? And was it being shipped to DUblin or elsewre?

Cheers, K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I am just back from the states where I picked one of these up, the are the bizz for sure! I need to get my hands on the 6 cell battery, anyone any suggestions as to the best\cheapest place to buy it?

Cheers,
    M
    kerbdog wrote: »

Advertisement