Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow SGS center

Options
  • 27-10-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi all...

I meant to post this a while ago but how and ever.... I have my driving test in Carlow SGS center tomorrow (28th) at 8.15am. Couple of Qs if you don't mind. I have been living in Carlow since July and have had a number of lessons. When driving to/from worl I tend to use the ring round (out by woodies/KFC etc) so don't drive through the town too much, except during my lessons really. My instructor is quite pleased with my driving so fingers crossed...

My main Q is... The main roundabout after you come out of the SGS (same place as the NCT center) and turn left - the tullow roundabout - how busy does that be in the morning time? (at 8.15/8.30) I drive through it at around 7.30 am going to work and it does be quite however if Im coming home from work at 6pm it can be very busy, making it almost impossible to get from the left lane to go straight through the roundabout, as most likely required for my test route..... Basically there do be cars sitting.stopped ON the roundabout, blocking the way through/around. Is this a problem at 8/8.30? Are there any other traffic "blackspots"? What about the junction at the end fo Dublin street? The cross roads, outside the post office. The like to bring people up by the river/penneys and then ask them to turn right here, up Dublin street.... I have seen it numerous times here where people try to turn at the wrong positioning in the roads, forcing on coming traffic to do the same - which would in effect probably make me fail my test! :-(

Another Q - are all Carlow schools off tomorrow??

Also, is there anyone here who has done their driving test in the Carlow SGS cneter? How did they find it?
    Thanks in adavnce for an replies....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

xeroshero wrote: »
    Hi all...

I meant to post this a while ago but how and ever.... I have my driving test in Carlow SGS center tomorrow (28th) at 8.15am. Couple of Qs if you don't mind. I have been living in Carlow since July and have had a number of lessons. When driving to/from worl I tend to use the ring round (out by woodies/KFC etc) so don't drive through the town too much, except during my lessons really. My instructor is quite pleased with my driving so fingers crossed...

My main Q is... The main roundabout after you come out of the SGS (same place as the NCT center) and turn left - the tullow roundabout - how busy does that be in the morning time? (at 8.15/8.30) I drive through it at around 7.30 am going to work and it does be quite however if Im coming home from work at 6pm it can be very busy, making it almost impossible to get from the left lane to go straight through the roundabout, as most likely required for my test route..... Basically there do be cars sitting.stopped ON the roundabout, blocking the way through/around. Is this a problem at 8/8.30? Are there any other traffic "blackspots"? What about the junction at the end fo Dublin street? The cross roads, outside the post office. The like to bring people up by the river/penneys and then ask them to turn right here, up Dublin street.... I have seen it numerous times here where people try to turn at the wrong positioning in the roads, forcing on coming traffic to do the same - which would in effect probably make me fail my test! :-(

Another Q - are all Carlow schools off tomorrow??

Also, is there anyone here who has done their driving test in the Carlow SGS cneter? How did they find it?
    Thanks in adavnce for an replies....

good luck with the test. yes it's a problem from about 8.30 on with schools there, dublin street I'm not sure of at that time of the morning, i'd imagine it's quiet enough then,

oh yeh school mid term you'll be sorted hopefully forgot about that, afaik theyre all off this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

there's a filter light at the junction at the post office now. Just spotted it yesterday.
    Hopefully that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

they have also put down road markings there, so be weary, it takes out what i called the industrial ballet, that noone understood how to tuck yourself in behind the car coming towards you! though it is 10,30 how'd it, tell us about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

hey all,

Thanks for the replies (sorry, only have internet access when at home in dublin!) I passed!!!! wuhoo, delighted, only had one grade two fault. Tester was very nice. Was hilarious as I got a flat tire on the way to the test and it was only copped (by someone else) at aroudn 8.13!!! Test wasat 8.15, guy in NCT center pumped it for me and that did the job, went straight to a garage as soon as test was finished!!!! phew...

Thanks for all the advice anyway, I noticed th enew road marking at the Dublin street junction the morning of the test, so at least I had that sussed, makes it easier now because it was dangerous before with half of the ppl going one way and half the ppl going another!!! Traffic was fairly light, I was surprised how light! Had no problems whatsoever. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well done. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement