Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink buses to discontinue Nov 3rd

Options
  • 27-10-2008 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Bah.. no more 2and a half hour bus journeys to Cork. The Bus Eireann one costs three euro more, it goes into Shannon, stops in Limerick for 35 minutes. Generally takes more like 3 and a half hours.

Never understood why the service was always so quiet. They should have fecking advertised. Bus Eireann was sending up two buses every hour from 1pm on a Friday and they'd be packed out. Citylink were cheaper, had newer buses with way more leg room and they were a quarter full most of the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

My brother was saying that they're full every friday and sunday when he's on them. I really like those buses. Especailly the way they have the camera so you can see where you're going! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

newer bus eireann ones have cameras too.I've only used city link once,seeing as I live in country and it's cheaper to buy bus eireann to that destination rather than citylink cork-ennis and then bus eireann home,but it's sad to hear it's going,it was packed the friday I was on,it's always nice to have a 2nd option for travel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Actually, I saw one in town today, and there was ONE person on it. I suppose it makes sense they can't continue anymore. Very disappointing, although if they advertised a bit, it would do them some good, I only knew about them because of my brother going to cork every week. Obviously I could have guessed by seeing them, but I wouldn't have looked into it or anything...

Advertisement