Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap courier to deliver from Dublin city centre to Greystones

• 27-10-2008 6:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap courier who can deliver from Dublin city centre to Greystones.

Needs to be a sameday delivery and would need to be a car or van as it would be a box that'd be a bit too big to go by motorbike.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Have you Checked Cormie's website? Vantasks.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Have you Checked Cormie's website? Vantasks.ie?

Yeah, looks like it'd be about €60 with them. I have an account with a courier who quoted €55, but I'm looking for someone cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭duncanb

Hey Gekko.

I do occasional deliveries for companies around the City Centre part time.

I will do this for €48 ONO depending on the weight of the box.

How heavy is the box also can you post measurments..?

Also when do you need this delivered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Gekko wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap courier who can deliver from Dublin city centre to Greystones.

Needs to be a sameday delivery and would need to be a car or van as it would be a box that'd be a bit too big to go by motorbike.

Wells Cargo in Store St do runs twice a day from the airport out to Bray/Greystones, via the city centre. No harm to give them a call for a price. 01 8365000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Thanks for the responses guys - will give those numbers a call.

Duncanb - I don't have exact measurements, but the items in the box are not heavy at all. Depending on what my customer wants, usually no more than 5 or 6kg.

€48 still sounds a little expensive to be honest

• Advertisement

Gekko wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses guys - will give those numbers a call.

Duncanb - I don't have exact measurements, but the items in the box are not heavy at all. Depending on what my customer wants, usually no more than 5 or 6kg.

€48 still sounds a little expensive to be honest

Ok...you were thinking more so along the lines of €x.xx?

p.s a courior will need rough measurments.

i.e are you talking about a box the size of a a fridge or a box the size of a computer monitor.

The reason for this being that a courier needs to see how much space he/she will have to allocate for the package in his/her van.

Weight is usually not enough to quote delivery of a a package on...i.e A 6kg package could be a mighty big package if its a box of 6kg of feathers wheras the 6kg box could also be a very small box if it contains coal.

Advertisement