Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few probs

Options
  • 26-10-2008 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain_hardtail/6_series/6000/

Have this bike since January. Dont cycle huge amount on it. The spokes on the back wheel keep popping out. Everytime the guy in shop I bought it fixes it it seems to pop again, usually when i am going around corners , off kerbs etc. He doesnt charge me for fixing it but is reluctant to rebuild the wheel. I may have damage several spokes myself initially a few months after buying bike so I will have to pay for rebuilding wheel or buying a new one.

Also compared to my previous trek mountainbike this one doesnt seem to roll downhill as freely as old one as if the hub is stiff?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Could be a defective batch of spokes and hence under warranty for replacement. That's could be!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If they keep coming out after the guy repaired them, then's he's no good at building wheels. Bring it to a different shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

el tonto wrote: »
    If they keep coming out after the guy repaired them, then's he's no good at building wheels. Bring it to a different shop.

Advertisement