Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending some property ahead....

Options
  • 26-10-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

hey im moving back to the gold coast hopefully jan/feb,

i have a giant drumkit and alot of studio equipment to take but the question is how do i get it over?!

im on a very nasty budget and obviously as ya no i can only take a few things with me on the aul aeroplane.

whats the best to do here?? and how much will it cost me to send about 20/25 stone's worth of gear over????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

hexagramer wrote: »
    hey im moving back to the gold coast hopefully jan/feb,

i have a giant drumkit and alot of studio equipment to take but the question is how do i get it over?!

im on a very nasty budget and obviously as ya no i can only take a few things with me on the aul aeroplane.

whats the best to do here?? and how much will it cost me to send about 20/25 stone's worth of gear over????

I used executive excess shipping services and I sent 28 kg by sir freight. It was about €350 and the service was great.

If you ship it it will cost less but take 2/3 months. Our box took 2 weeks to get to NZ.

You'll need an address to send the package to in Aus. We collected ours at the airport but we still had to have a New Zealand address to put on the package for custom reasons. The shipping guy said we couldn't just send a package to the aiport in case it was full of drugs or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

hi watna! 350 is kinda good actually, seens how it was express, but i think ill wait the few months and hopefully it will be less,

i think it might be best to get a quote off a company then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

hexagramer wrote: »
    hi watna! 350 is kinda good actually, seens how it was express, but i think ill wait the few months and hopefully it will be less,

i think it might be best to get a quote off a company then?

Yep, get a quote. They guy is really good. They provide you with a box and packing material (drop it off to your house) and then collect the box from you directly too. There's a few other companies around but as far as I remember these were quite cheap. Also, two boardies recommended them which I think is always good.

I think it was a certain price for 20 kg and then more per kg after that. I'm really glad we sent stuff. If I could go back in time I'd send more! We didn't bring some electronic things that we should have (ps2 etc)

Advertisement