Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy carry-on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Nice bit of Judas Priest there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Part of the reason some car drivers hate cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Very tolerable drivers over there ,didn't hear much beeping at the cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

311 wrote: »
    Very tolerable drivers over there ,didn't hear much beeping at the cyclists.

obviously didn't watch the whole thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I did ,the guy in the silver car made chase when his mirror was broke. Thats nothing to do with toleration ,thats damage to property.

Theres no way any group in dublin city would get away with that ,the way them lads did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

Meh, that was alright. The mirror breaking bit reminds me of this, which is far better.....

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtTYHix8ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

More apt I suppose considering there is only two wheels..

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=z4RylKOWbj8

311 wrote: »
    Theres no way any group in dublin city would get away with that ,the way them lads did.

Was his mirror broke? I didn't notice. My handle bars are too low these days. The car drove into the bike IMO.

Yeah if you ride like that in Dublin you'll get away with it no problem. Haven't done it in a long time but you could at one stage easy, believe me we used to. Now I'm not so fit I wouldn't know. Though I've seen the muppets giving it socks on friday evenings a few times after a few beers at the green I presume.

I think we need more people out there giving cyclists a bad name before the luminous jacket brigade take over for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Contact certainly seemed to be made (around 6:30) after the cyclist is in the process of breaking a red light into busy oncoming traffic and cycling the wrong way down a one-way street, apparently after a car hooted at him for nearly cycling into the car. It's not clear what exactly happens but it appears the cyclist gave the car some sort of clobber. Followed by more cycling down the wrong side of a dual carriageway after the motorist gives chase.

This sort of ****e relies on the reaction of motorists to avoid the cyclists getting killed and is inherently pretty indefensible. In the US I have only cycled in New York but my experience there was that motorists were generally pretty careful around cyclists, a lot more than in Dublin anyway. I do think if you try that sort of thing here you would be at very high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

They are racing and have to perform different drinking tasks at each of their checkpoints (drink shots at a bar, down a 40oz in a field etc). The cars wing mirror gets broken, the cameraman says it later on when the car drives into the park. Whatever about cycling in that manner, doing it competitively while drinking is something else.

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Whatever about cycling in that manner, doing it competitively while drinking is something else.

What ever happened to the flask of brandy on a cold day? Not to mention the drugs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

how come we never see the videos when they get it wrong?

i think it's pretty obvious that on a lot of these runs some of these guys just don't quite have the mad-skillz they claim to have, and that they are, to some degree, relying on the reactions of drivers and pedestrians (there's a london vid i can't find at the moment that shows this very clearly). i, being familiar with the dubious reliability of the reactions of drivers and pedestrians, have to think that this often ends very very badly.

anyone have any youtubage to back this theory up? tom want hipster gore.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Whatever about cycling in that manner, doing it competitively while drinking is something else.
    Especially as they are Americans :D

I support Tom's call for gore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0P3rYsaMo4

Not on a fixie but he is wearing skinny jeans with his arse hanging out!

studiorat wrote: »

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

studiorat wrote: »

nope. i don't think he deserved it, you see? i want a clip that leaves me saying " well, that's what you get."

good effort though. quite traumatising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

oh theres plenty of stuff to see on the net about some of the madness associated to cycling, like a illegal street series ran over a season in a bunch of nth. american cities. they called a stop to it after one guy got killed from running a red light into the path of a pickup. camera crew out for that one but thankfully not with that bunch at the time.

There is a debate that has been going on for years, about the races and who should be allowed race. personally, experience is everything. I only would race(those days are gone) in Dublin, Barcelona and London- places i know.
    personally i really dont care what people do on thier bike once it does not affect me. simple? ride like me and look like me? your giving me a bad name...
    you have to be accredited before you race( on the track anyway) we tried the same but "OH MY GOD!" it's still going on... we had Pro riders turning up at messenger championships.
    thankfully in my day(sorry this would be quicker but the zimmerframe is in the way) it was only messengers racing. no one else was that interested :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

niceonetom wrote: »
    nope. i don't think he deserved it, you see? i want a clip that leaves me saying " well, that's what you get."

You mean when someone's skid doesn't stop them in time and they hit a car?

Nice cycle lanes in your one there Tonto, they look eerily familiar :D

...and he was doing so well

• Advertisement
Advertisement