Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atari Jaguar

Options
  • 26-10-2008 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

An ancient games console that some boardsies are pretty fond of.

Usually the I don't care option in a poll. In one poll long, long ago about favourite games consoles, someone complained that there was no Atari Jaguar option and someone else disdainfully replied "Atari Jaguar?! Atari Jaguar is other" and so it began.

It is now an offically a legend of the boards.ie due to this poll.

This is has also been immortalised as a gathering card.

How sad is that?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Lexus1976 wrote: »

Usually the I don't care option in a poll. In one poll long, long ago about favourite games consoles, someone complained that there was no Atari Jaguar option and someone else disdainfully replied "Atari Jaguar?! Atari Jaguar is other" and so it began.

How sad is creating a thread and adding no more then "how sad is that"? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Lexus1976

How sad is THAT? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

It is about as sad as the thread you created earlier about the thanks button.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Where would you like your delivery of Fail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

How sad is THAT? :rolleyes:

Ya ma:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Atari Jaguar is legend!

5uspect wrote: »
    Where would you like your delivery of Fail?

I'd say 1976, hop in my DeLorean!

Its not ya ma, its yore ma. Jaysus.

I rode yore ma last night!!!!

It's "yore ma", at least get it right!

lol

• Advertisement

Bring back the old style format where ya can take the piss out of boardsies ma's with out feeling under pressure to get her to post a thank you note on the end of your comment.

First you're missing "the old style format" and now you're giving out about a Boards-only meme which is nearly as old the site itself. Which is it? Do you like the old Boards stuff or not?

First you're missing "the old style format" and now you're giving out about a Boards-only meme which is nearly as old the site itself. Which is it? Do you like the old Boards stuff or not?

Do you really care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

But like, it IS sad, and pretty much the entire legend of the boards bollocks is incredibly sad. No?

Do you really care?

Not really. Though watching you start a thread about every little aspect of Boards that annoys you is tiresome. You could just, you know, not post here if you don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Atari Jaguar

Atari Shaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I feel like im catching the old from the OP just by reading this.
    Go draw the pension or something granddad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The commodore 64 was much better imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

SteveC wrote: »
    The commodore 64 was much better imo.

Sinclair Spectrum > commodore 64

Now to have fond memories of my spectrum that came with a James Bond lightgun game. I remember buying it from some computer shop around the corner of the old Eircom building on O'Connell st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Now to have fond memories of my spectrum that came with a James Bond lightgun game. I remember buying it from some computer shop around the corner of the old Eircom building on O'Connell st.

Heyzeus man! The C64 was far superior to the Spectrum. And as for the Amiga. The Amiga was the greatest machine ever. *weeps with nostalgia*

[yes, I am a nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,244 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kernel wrote: »
    Heyzeus man! The C64 was far superior to the Spectrum. And as for the Amiga. The Amiga was the greatest machine ever. *weeps with nostalgia*

[yes, I am a nerd]

I miss my Atari ST. And I miss Typhoon Thompson. Most original game EVER.
    I need a moment alone, please.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very true!
    I remember buying it from some computer shop around the corner of the old Eircom building on O'Connell st.
    Computer City? I believe that's it. I had a keyboard dust cover from there for years and bought "Hollywood Collection" for my Amiga.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I agree wholeheartedly! It had rubber keys and a little rainbow on the corner of the keyboard! It was obviously far superior to the c64.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement