Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Screen Of Death, Windows CD wont load?

Options
  • 26-10-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just bought an XPS 64 bit machine and after 5 days was working away no lag or nothing and a blue screen appearaed saying something like Fatal Error Page Header and since then when i turn it on it just keeps beeping like mad but it dosent even start at all so i cant even get to safe mode or bios or anything.

Dont mind having to reinstall but i have 1 very important file i need to get off it. So i have another PC here and i was about to take out the hard drive and make it a slave in my other PC to access the Data but its a new type of hard drive SATA so it cant be put into the older PC, i.e the old ones have pins and these new ones are like,... well i dont know but there different:D

Question is i presume theres nothing i can do to repair but what about recovering my data, can you buy something that lets me plug the new SATA drive into it and then connect that by USB to recover my info or dopes such a thing even exist or what do you recommend?

Comments

Advertisement