Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike would be best?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I want to buy a bike for mostly cycling about town and hopefully, when i've finished my leaving cert, for working as a bike courier.

Fixies are good fun to muck about on, and addmitedly are pretty cool, but I'm not sure how practical it would be to have one for in and about Dublin City. I think I would go for a decent second hand road bike with a good enough frame, but I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on this?

Which would be best a fixie or a road, or neither?

And where good I get a decent cheap bike (2-300 euros)?
    Anyone selling one?
    (Im 6 3' so it needs to be big enough)

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Fixies are very practical for Dublin. I'm the same height as you and ride a 58.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Fixies are good fun to muck about on, and addmitedly are pretty cool, but I'm not sure how practical it would be to have one for in and about Dublin City. I think I would go for a decent second hand road bike with a good enough frame, but I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on this?

fixed really is very practical around town, i certainly prefer to be on my fixie than the road bike when i'm playing in traffic.

if you get an older road bike frame with horizontal drop-outs you would have the option of setting it up geared or fixed.

Advertisement