Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best skatepark in ireland??

Options
  • 25-10-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

i was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on what is the best skatepark in Ireland??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

It's between Bushy and Greystones really depending on how brave you're feelin'!
    Hopefully Belfast will be a contender for the title when thats done next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

i havent been to either of dem yet, i'll have to make it a priority! im goin to athlone park tomoro, is that ne good??

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

I heard athlone is supposed to be good, big bowl with a nice spine

yeah i saw some pics of it the other day, looks good, but people have been sayin its always packed to the point wer its almost un-skateable

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

The Waterford concrete park is my personel favorite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

monkstown by far......at first it look crap but once u start skatin it its amazin

monkstown by far......at first it look crap but once u start skatin it its amazin

You're right on two counts.... first Horse you are Crazy if you think Monkstown is the best skatepark in Ireland and secondly your first look was correct, it is crap!

But saying that, it's a matter of taste and if thats yours then so be it.

I reckon it's a rhino park built in concrete. And a 6ft wide mini?! That to me sums the park up building a mini that skinny is unforgiveable.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

I comepletely agree with the mini idea and if they took away the blue and orange ramps and put in a bowl and a few other bigger ramps it would be good, plus your idea of a 6ft wide mini, the small one is sh1te

the belfast skatepark looks really good, cant wait to go der when its built!

Where have you seen plans for the belfast park? Post em if you got em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

shagman wrote: »
    Where have you seen plans for the belfast park? Post em if you got em.

linky here:http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/skatepark/site.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ben-c

that looks amazing!! hopefuly it turns out like that in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

greystones isn't that good, there's not even a plain rail just one of those weird rainbow ones that are boring after 3 grinds.

Tramore is my favourite park.

Valmont wrote: »
    greystones isn't that good, there's not even a plain rail just one of those weird rainbow ones that are boring after 3 grinds.

Tramore is my favourite park.

There is its on top of the funbox. Man up ,second rule of fight club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Galway really needs a new one, the two modular ones suck. I think I saw another modular in Parkmore??!! the other week.

The local councillor is mates with the importer of the lego parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

When is Monkstown skatepark open?:confused:

Advertisement