Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitchen required, not huge budget, any suggestions?

Options
  • 25-10-2008 5:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking at getting a new kitchen. Semi D 3 bedroom house in Dublin 15 built around 16 years ago, fairly bog standard size/L shape kitchen.

I am looking at the "urban white" kitchen in Cash & Carry kitchens - haven't done measurements yet so no quote yet. Anybody got any good or bad reports on C&C kitchens???

OR does anyone have any suggestions for a buget kitchen, but one that will look good, and hopefully stand the test of time for the next 15 years!

Any help?!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dsg

Trust me on this one, steer clear of kitchen suppliers in the republic. We're being ripped off big time. If it's a budget kitchen you want then i suggest checking out ikea. Download the kitchen planner input your dimensions and away you go. It'll price everything up for you too. Ikea accept euro notes and give 75p to the euro. You can also pay by laser or visa and will get whatever the exchange rate is that day with the banks. PM me if you want any pointers or info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

amdublin wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking at getting a new kitchen. Semi D 3 bedroom house in Dublin 15 built around 16 years ago, fairly bog standard size/L shape kitchen.

I am looking at the "urban white" kitchen in Cash & Carry kitchens - haven't done measurements yet so no quote yet. Anybody got any good or bad reports on C&C kitchens???

OR does anyone have any suggestions for a buget kitchen, but one that will look good, and hopefully stand the test of time for the next 15 years!

Any help?!

Thanks in advance

Hi
    C/C are a good kitchen and with a few k you can do a lot if you fit it your self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 zeus faber

I got a kitchen in B&Q a few years ago and fitted it myself, think it came in at around 1k, only problem is that the knobs and bits can be expensive and out of stock so it might be worth getting them elsewhere,they have a designing facility aswell,found them helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

dsg wrote: »
    Trust me on this one, steer clear of kitchen suppliers in the republic. We're being ripped off big time. If it's a budget kitchen you want then i suggest checking out ikea. Download the kitchen planner input your dimensions and away you go. It'll price everything up for you too. Ikea accept euro notes and give 75p to the euro. You can also pay by laser or visa and will get whatever the exchange rate is that day with the banks. PM me if you want any pointers or info.

Ikea in Edinburgh will deliver to the Republic of Ireland.
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/store/edinburgh

Customer Services:
    0044 845 355 2265

The delivery charge is relatively high though, £190, but when your buying a kitchen it might be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ikea in Belfast will also deliver to the ROI... :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

I bought a kitchen in B&Q about two years ago-its cost about 1k for what i got which was about 8 wall units 6 floor units and a sink. It was suposed to be a stop gap until i renovated the rest of the cottage but it still looks great. I think the trick with any of these kitchen is to take you time putting it together and invest in a bottle of wood glue.

Advertisement