Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing java concern

Options
  • 25-10-2008 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

When I turned on my computer today I was prompted to install updated java software. I decided to do so. Now that I have, every time I go into internet explorer a message appears asking me if I want to allow a website to go ahead using this program, indicating that my computer could be at risk if I do so because the progam does not have a "valid digital signature". While I have the option to 'don't allow' it is irritating to see this message pop up. The publisher is listed as Sun Microsystems Inc.

Any advice on what I can do. As you probably can tell me I'm only at basic stages with computers so I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

You should allow it regardless of the digital signature.

Sun Microsystems are the developers of Java.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭I.J.

Thank you so much for the response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

I.J. wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the response.

No problem :)

Advertisement