Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband ripwave and fonera

Options
  • 24-10-2008 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello, I'm an italian guy (and apologize for my bad english); I'm going crazy trying to fix a problem with a irish broadband ripwave modem. A friend of mine is in Dublin and need to share the connection of this modem with a fonera (https://www.fon.com) router I've sent her.

The problem is that the connection works properly only... sometimes! It happens that works good, but other times the pc can't connect at all to the wireless or the connection result established, but no informations are transmitted.

The fonera router should generate 2 differents nets: myplace and fon_up, but connected to the ripwave it give just the myplace connection (https://www.fon.com/en/support/index#cantSeeFON_).

I've tryed to set a static ip, but the problem still exist. I think the ripwave don't use a ppoe connection, so... I don't know what can I try. Can you give me an idea?
    Thanks for the attention, bye
    Alberto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ripwave isn't a very suitable system but it can just about work witha an Ethernet WAN router, not an ADSL. Is it the right type of Fonera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dingone

Sure... sometimes it works good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

its crap I had it for years only gave mine back few months ago , watching pictures download bit at a time sure I had that back in 1999 with the old dial up. sending a long email or trying to send jpeg forget it. I rang to complain and I was told i was in a black spot, then i moved house same old crap was told again its a blackspot. my daughter who lives in stillorgan got
    irishbroadband they came out put a dish on the roof it never once worked . when a year later she treatened them with solicitors letter they came out and took it down it never once worked. the only thing they can do properly is take money from your account. Irish broadband it says it all

Advertisement