Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian Handicap Question

Options
  • 24-10-2008 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I have never done an Asian Handicap bet and was just wondering about the following:

Say for this weekend's Chelsea v Liverpool match
    Chelsea (-0.5) are evens (2.00) on Betfair
    Chelsea to win are ever so slightly better (2.04) also on Betfair

Is there any difference between the two bets above? If Chelsea win the match by any margin, then the (-0.5) will still see them ahead of Liverpool, eg. match finished 1-0, this becomes 0.5 - 0, so the 0.5 wins out?

Or is there something I am missing here? If the two bets are identical, then I suppose it goes without saying that you just chose the bet with the better odds.

Also, if one backed Chelsea (-1), and he match finished 1-0, am I correct in saying that because it turned out as a draw after the handicap, that the bettor gets the original stake back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

jArgHA wrote: »
    I have never done an Asian Handicap bet and was just wondering about the following:

Is there any difference between the two bets above? If Chelsea win the match by any margin, then the (-0.5) will still see them ahead of Liverpool, eg. match finished 1-0, this becomes 0.5 - 0, so the 0.5 wins out?

Or is there something I am missing here? If the two bets are identical, then I suppose it goes without saying that you just chose the bet with the better odds.

Also, if one backed Chelsea (-1), and he match finished 1-0, am I correct in saying that because it turned out as a draw after the handicap, that the bettor gets the original stake back?

I agree with you on your first point.. no matter what way you work it both bets seem the same..

and for the second as far as i know you are correct.. the bet is a push because you didn't win or lose seeing as there is no draw market so you are refunded.

I've made the mistake of betting a normal handicap when meaning to take the asian.. not so nice when you check your acc and realise you should have got your money back but made a stupid mistake so didn't;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jArgHA wrote: »

As far as i know backing a team -0.5 is the same as just backing them to win. If you were backing a team +0.5 they can win OR draw and you win the bet. I think that's it don't take my word on it.

You're right on the -1 bet. If you win by one goal you get your stake back.

Advertisement