Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long from Tallaght to the Red Cow?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

How long is it likely to take to get from Tallaght to the Red Cow on the LUAS on a weekday morning? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

They claim 10 minutes, never used it though.

http://www.luas.ie/journey-times.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lowdenclear

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

it does take 10 mins, and it doesnt matter what time of day you go, because it stops at every stop for the same amount of time. Even when there's no-one there, which can be frustrating if you're in a hurry!!

Good stuff. :)

I'll just have to work out how long it takes to walk from the luas stop to Park West now... Any ideas?

Good stuff. :)

I'll just have to work out how long it takes to walk from the luas stop to Park West now... Any ideas?

Dont get off at red cow to go to park west, get off at the next stop after that, kylemore. It will actually tell you that is also the stop for shuttle busses for park west. Unfortunately, you have to work in Park West to get one of these shuttles.

It takes about 10 minutes to get to Park west entrance, but you will be another couple of minutes walking before you reach any of the businesses.

• Advertisement

peanuthead wrote: »
    Dont get off at red cow to go to park west, get off at the next stop after that, kylemore. It will actually tell you that is also the stop for shuttle busses for park west. Unfortunately, you have to work in Park West to get one of these shuttles.

It takes about 10 minutes to get to Park west entrance, but you will be another couple of minutes walking before you reach any of the businesses.

Ahhh, thank you, you are an absolute star!!! :D

I am relocating to Dublin in the next week or so (I'm getting married in 6 days!!) and will be working in Park West, so that's great! :D

Well congrats on the marriage!!

Do you drive? Because there is free parking in Park West for people who work there, and its not a long drive at all.

Well congrats on the marriage!!

Do you drive? Because there is free parking in Park West for people who work there, and its not a long drive at all.

I do, but I'm just worried about spending forever sitting in traffic... :( Plus I'm not sure it'd be too good for my sanity, negotiating the Mad Cow every morning! :eek:

I do, but I'm just worried about spending forever sitting in traffic... :( Plus I'm not sure it'd be too good for my sanity, negotiating the Mad Cow every morning! :eek:

Okay well you wouldnt go to Park West via the Naas Road if you were driving, that would be an insane route to take in the morning time. But maybe take the Luas until you know the area better. You might feel like driving after a while. The route you would take to Park West when driving would be to go through Clondalkin. Take the left turn before the Ibis hotel, before the series of bends that was once the Red Cow Roundabout, keep left, go through Woodford, keep on that road until you reach a set of lights, turn right at the lights, and you would eventually end up at Park West (entrance on the left.)

Going by Luas you will approach it from the opposite side, so it will be on your left.

Sure you will figure it all out yourself in time. Good luck!!

Thanks! I'll save these directions and work out the route once I'm a bit more comfortable with the area. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

another tip... on www.parkwest.ie it lists the methods of transport...
    there is a train station right beside parkwest (just opened). 2.80 from park west into heuston which includes linking up with the luas into oconnell street.
    i only even got it from parkwest inbound, but im sure you can organise coming out.

also...
    there is a coach that leaves from outside the youth organisation thing on the aston quay (from oconnell street, go over the bridge and its just on the right there)
    big white bus which if your lucky says AMC on it.
    brings you right to the door of parkwest, and costs like 2euro.

I used to use it all the time.

congrats too.

oh yeah... the walk from the luas station to Parkwest is a good 20min/30min if your fit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Okay well you wouldnt go to Park West via the Naas Road if you were driving, that would be an insane route to take in the morning time.

I take this route coming from Tallaght area down the M50 through the red cow and down the naas road and off at woodies. It's the shortest way to Park West and takes 20mins in total for me. The new slip road is opened at red cow. So coming from south side on M50 goes straight onto naas road, FREE FLOW, no lights. just get off at woodies then before the big lighted junction at naas/long mile. then its 2 mins to park west.

Advertisement