Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neurosis and delusion

Options
  • 24-10-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I have a question.

Does delusion cause neurosis or does delusion put off suffering until the neurosis removes delusion to cause enough suffering to make someone see that they need to be enlightened?

Did I just make no sense at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭KamikazeKenny81

Yeh ur question does make sense. I dont know the answer but it made me think, and I think the 2 for me are seperate, but effect eachother. I can be fairly neurotic but there are plenty of people who may be more deluded than myself who are much less neurotic. Although being neurotic is does push me to the point where I know it cant go on and I need to lead my life differently. Maybe some people need to be more deluded than others before the onset of neurosis?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

Both is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Both is true.

Would it be possible to explain a little bit why both are true?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

I would think that there has to be a certain amount of neuroses to bring on a delusion in the first place.

I don't really see the point of the question since the term "enough suffering" is very subjective. Do you think people seeking enlightenment are deluded ?

Plenty of people will suffer their whole lives without ever seeing that they need to be enlightened ... unless you are referring to some bad karma which would be transferred to your next life(s)... eventually after enough rebirths you should finally cop-on to the "enlightenment" solution.

Advertisement