Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Australia

Options
  • 24-10-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am planning a trip to Aus in Febuary for me an one other person. Can anybody recommend where I might get a good deal on flights? Would it be cheaper to book online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Try the aussie travel place on Abbey Street. I have return for under 1100 all included.

Online seems like the biggest joke ever tbh. was all 900 sterling plus when I checked, which at the time was IIRC around 12 to 1300.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah I know a few people who booked flights to oz there recently and most of them booked with oz travel. That was after shopping around too with Usit, Trailfinders etc. Also might be worth your while checking out abbey travel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Drawing Dead

trailfinders next to trinity college was best for me i found. got around the world for 1400+tax. all these agents offer the same prices pretty much though as they all buy from qantas/BA so its more a question as to which are the most helpful and i found by far that was trailfinders.

just as an aside these compainies make most of their money selling you insurance if you don't already have health insurance, and some compaines will charge an AWFUL lot, so shop around for your insurance! usit were by far the cheapest when i was looking. they gave me a free visa too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Apparently Etihad are the cheapest airline to fly to OZ - I think their online flights are cheaper.

I used Austravel to book my flights to NZ and they were very good. The prices didn't seem very cheap or expensive but just what I expected reall.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

Id say trailfinders.

I was quoted 1200 one way Dublin LA Fiji Auckland. Im sure oz one stop would be less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

I'm travelling at the end of Nov and wanted to stop in Asia on the way over and back. I first checked with Trailfinders and they quoted me €2,000 with China Air stopping in Thailand and Tai Pei. I then tried USIT and have since booked with them €1,385 to & from Brisbane with stop in Tokyo and Bangkok flying with BA & Qantas.

I found USIT great. I based my trip on a brochure suggestion, got details, left to think about it, mailed them to arrange everything, and after the agent looked into it further, he told me if I left one day earlier, I'd save €218. Which is why I'm leaving on the last day of Nov rather than the first of Dec.

From what I've heard, China Air are the cheapest you'll get but they are meant to be very cheap & cheerful, e.g. one TV every 14 rows, etc. BA & Singapore Air are meant to be the best. Etihad are meant to be pricey, but you can do Dublin to Oz in one stop (I think, Dubai).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Just hunting for flights home in AUG 09 return, as we are coming back, this is now home !

Just go online and book your self.

We are gonna fly with Ethiad. right now its e2500 return for 2.

Ethiad are cheap cos airport taxes and taxes in general in UAE practically dont exist. 128 compared to 600-1000 on other routes per person.

Singaore are 2nd cheapest and a very good airlne but you gotta stop in london or paris out and return so its 3 legs.

Ethiad is only 2. These are based in flying to Brizzy so Sydney may have more options / cheaper and Perth cheaper again.

Quantas and Virgin bring p the rear price wise. A fair whack more and not half as ood planes I reckon.

As I said all above bookable direct with their web sites. Im deffo going with Ethiad as the 2 leg journey is so much nicer.

good hunting.
    DM

Advertisement