Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movember

Options
  • 24-10-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

I've a thread on this in the Facial Hair and Hats forum too, but thought here would be a good place to mention this too.

I'm growing a moustache for cash in Movember! :D

Just taken straight from the official recommended wording:
    Hi All,

During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I'm growing a Mo. That's right I'm bringing the Mo back because I'm passionate about tackling men's health issues and being proactive in the fight against prostate cancer.

To donate you can either:
    1. Click this link and donate online using your credit card
    2. Write a cheque payable to ‘Irish Cancer Society Movember Donations Account', referencing my Registration Number 1499526 and mailing it to:
    Irish Cancer Society
    43/45 Northumberland Road
    Dublin 4 Ireland

Remember, all donations are tax deductible.

The money raised by Movember is used to raise awareness of men's health issues and donated to Action Prostate Cancer (APC), an initiative of the Irish Cancer Society. APC will use the funds to raise vital awareness, educate men on risk factors for developing prostate cancer, and help to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by the disease.

Did you know:
    • Cancer of the prostate was the most common cancer diagnosed in Ireland in 2005.
    • More men die of prostate cancer per head of population in Ireland than do in England, Scotland and Wales.

Movember culminates at the end of month Gala Partés. If you would like to be part of this great night you'll need to purchase a Gala Parté Ticket.

Thanks for your support,

Damien / DamoElDiablo

More information is available at http://www.movember.com/.

Movemebr is proudly grown by Finlandia Vodka and Wilkinson Sword.

Movember is proud to partner the Irish Cancer Society.

If anyone else want's to join Team Moards and grow their own Mo, follow the link in my sig. If not and you just want to donate, either follow the sig link, or the link above! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm on board!

Guys it's something we all have to be aware of and any money that is donated goes to an amazing cause!

Go team moards!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I for one welcome / support/ donate to / sticky threads for our hirsute Overlords.

The Irish Cancer Society / Action Prostate Cancer == very worthy cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thanks Trout! :)

Ladies and gents, any donations, small or large would be more than gratefully accepted!

Yeah, anything over €20 and Damo will dance for you in a thong, tash and all

I think that comes under the heading 'demanding money with menace' :P

Seriously folks ... dig deep for a good cause, or Damo will dance at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Will wrote: »
    Yeah, anything over €20 and Damo will dance for you in a thong, tash and all
    /donates 19.99

smashey wrote: »
    /donates 19.99

*flicks one cent into smashey's donation*

Dance Damo, dance for smashey :D

:eek:

First I heard of the dancing!!!

*runs home to get his clogs*

Dance piggy Damo dance!!!!

• Advertisement

dance better, peanut butter jelly time! tash time!

Quick reminder about this!

Movember is almost over now, but still a few days left for donations! :)

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far too!!! :)

~Damo~

Advertisement