Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 inch LCD TV in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

nope

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-LE32A457

that 430 euro. Say your from board and shipping should be low enough well below the price on the the above in tesco and a better tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

rom wrote: »
    nope

that 430 euro. Say your from board and shipping should be low enough well below the price on the the above in tesco and a better tv
    Can I get this offline in Ireland. What is the difference between this and the Bush

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The Bush stinks.

The Bush stinks.
    Can you be more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Can you be more specific?

I think he is referrring to these features:

Contrast 600:1 <-- this is very low
    Brightness 500 cd/m2. <-- as is this (but not as important as contrast)
    Only 1 hdmi

especially when compared to the samsung that is in the link above
    Contrast: 10,000:1
    Brightness 550 cd/m2

the samsung is a much better specced telly.....as well as a much nicer looking telly....go for the samsung

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭partypiper

interested, it says it can only be picked up in store.

what do you do to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I think there store is in belfast....so you might have to give them a call to see if they have it in stock....There number is on here richersounds.ie

If you do take a trip north for it then you could stop off in sainsbury/asda/most other stores in the north and make it a bargain weekend!
    check here for good shops up north:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055394288

neacy69 wrote: »
    Contrast 600:1 <-- this is very low
    static contrast?

Only 1 hdmi
    What is that for?I only want to plug in a DVD player, not into games etc
    especially when compared to the samsung that is in the link above
    Contrast: 10,000:1
    Is that dynamic contrast? There seems to be a confusion re static contrast and dynamic contrast. I have read, maybe on boards cannot recall, that 600.1 is ok for static
    Brightness 550 cd/m2
    Only 50 more than the bush. I have read that anything above 500 is just marketing and makes no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

The bottom line is the Samsung:
    1. Is a better brand than Bush.
    2. Is cheaper, including shipping.
    3. Has a better contrast ratio, beit static or dynamic.
    4. Has better brightness.
    5. Has more connectivity.
    6. Is better looking.

Here are two reviews.
    Bush Review

Samsung Review

I know they're not from the same source, but none of the "recognised" test sites have bothered to test the Bush. That should tell you all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

neacy69 wrote: »

static contrast?

What is that for?I only want to plug in a DVD player, not into games etc

Is that dynamic contrast? There seems to be a confusion re static contrast and dynamic contrast. I have read, maybe on boards cannot recall, that 600.1 is ok for static

Only 50 more than the bush. I have read that anything above 500 is just marketing and makes no difference

Its really about having more options. Just like you wouldnt accept buying a tv that only had one scart connection nowadays in the future it will be the same for HDMI. What if you do decide to get some hi definition equipment in the future such as sky's Hi-def DVR and then decide you would like a blu-ray or upscaling dvd player. You'll be glad you had more than one HDMI socket then. A lot of AV devices are starting to use hdmi now.

As for the contrast ratio. The samsung will look a helluva lot better visually than the bush will. It will handle on the colours, midtones and shadows better and give you a much sharper and less washed out look to your picture.

• Advertisement

Thanks for explaining this to me
    kendragon wrote: »

Its really about having more options. Just like you wouldnt accept buying a tv that only had one scart connection nowadays in the future it will be the same for HDMI. What if you do decide to get some hi definition equipment in the future such as sky's Hi-def DVR and then decide you would like a blu-ray or upscaling dvd player. You'll be glad you had more than one HDMI socket then. A lot of AV devices are starting to use hdmi now.
    OH i see futureproofing?
    As for the contrast ratio. The samsung will look a helluva lot better visually than the bush will. It will handle on the colours, midtones and shadows better and give you a much sharper and less washed out look to your picture.
    I gues it would ok but I stiil do not understand about dynamic and static contrast. The contrast shown in the Bush could be static and seems unfair to compare with 10,000.1 samgsung which could be dynamic
    I would love the samsung and would buy immediately if it were available offline in the south. But budget plays a part and i want to stay under €500. Hence my interest in Tesco
    My goal is enjoyment of movie on dvd/ and TV to a lesser extent. I do not want games. Thanks again;)

Soarer wrote: »
    The bottom line is the Samsung:
    1. Is a better brand than Bush.
    2. Is cheaper, including shipping.
    3. Has a better contrast ratio, beit static or dynamic.
    4. Has better brightness.
    5. Has more connectivity.
    6. Is better looking.

Here are two reviews.
    Bush Review

Samsung Review

I know they're not from the same source, but none of the "recognised" test sites have bothered to test the Bush. That should tell you all you need to know.
    Thanks for the reviews. Samsung looks much better pity about the tinny sound
    Is cheaper, including shipping.
    Most places won't take laser

http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/tvs/samsung-le32a451/

I have found this for €500. What you guys think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just make sure they include an analog tuner if you want RTE from an aerial as most uk tvs don't have this. Try maybe komplett.ie

TheDriver wrote: »
    Just make sure they include an analog tuner if you want RTE from an aerial as most uk tvs don't have this. Try maybe komplett.ie
    Its in and irish Electricial store, the link was only for showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Why not try http://www.pixmania.com

They take lazer cards. extremely cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Wouldnt say pixmania are extremely cheap.They certainly are'nt on tvs anyway.Have a look at laptopsdirect.ie. They are a good bit cheaper than pixmania. Beware though, The prices on things like tvs can fluctuate by about 20e every few days because of the varying pound:euro exchange rate.Theyre nearly as cheap as richersounds...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

rom wrote: »
    nope

I've actually been looking at this TV (google brought me to this thread :D)...does that linked site deliver to Ireland? there's a wee notice that says "SORRY, THIS ITEM IS NOW ONLY AVAILABLE IN OUR STORES" so that kind of sucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

They do deliver to ireland alright.Its only 20£ for boardsies too. They have a consumer interaction forum here

I do know, though that they have sometimes had problems getting certain samsung and panasonic tvs for boardsies. Worth a try anyway though. They should be able to get you that one alright

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Míle Buíochas Zonda, I guess I just start a thread there making an inquiry regarding delivery right? Not sure what the appropriate etiquette is for that subforum :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Sorry for taking this a bit off-topic but wouldn't someone like the OP who doesn't have a credit card be better off paying for something like a TV online using a 3V card or Wirecard rather than Laser. For the credit card protection and all that?

Firetrap wrote: »
    Sorry for taking this a bit off-topic but wouldn't someone like the OP who doesn't have a credit card be better off paying for something like a TV online using a 3V card or Wirecard rather than Laser. For the credit card protection and all that?
    3V vouchers only go up to €350. Not very familiar with wirecard, seems to be a lot of people unsure/unhappy with it

Advertisement