Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N3 roadworks?

Options
  • 24-10-2008 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

HI, what's going on with the N3 dual carriageway at Blanchardstown? There are bollards marking the bus lane/hard shoulder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

It goes back past the access road from Mulhuddard, so I reckon it's to widen the M3, allow separate access for Mulhuddard traffic, before taking the new free flow route over the M50 into the city......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

OK! I thought they were going to put in a proper bus lane and appropriate road markings. The so-called bus lane on this stretch is very vague to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

AA roadwatch said they were buiding a quality bus corridor along the stretch. The M50 freeflow works wouldn't stretch that far back.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Would it not make a lot of sense to go back that far when upgrading the junction. From what I've heard, the Blanchardstown Roundabout is going to be removed, with direct access to the M50/M3 interchange dirctly from the village. They should do something similar to the Mulhuddard slipway, it's the worst part of the trip into Dublin in the mornings, with 4 lanes of traffic and one bus lane merging, it's like driving on the Champs Elysée sometimes.....

Advertisement