Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner For Five

Options
  • 23-10-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

anyone else ever watched this? think itv2 ran it for a while, but i caught clips on youtube. basically jon favreau hosts a dinner party and invites celebrity guests and they just chat. i got the box set recently and dip in and out now and again.

Pros:
    its candid and laid back, you hear some anecdotes that may never have seen the light of day.
    its refreshing when you're sick of the "i'm here to plug something" chat show format
    he has great guests.
    you get an insight into what the guests are life in real life.

cons:
    favreau will almost always try to steer the conversation back to him "....its like the time during swingers/made/very bad things/daredevil.."
    you're in the middle of a dinner party and its not scripted...now this is a pro too, but it can also be annoying when people talk over each other..sometimes ruining the anecdote. it really is like you're a sixth guest....except you can't contribute.

heres a sample:

Wiki

Advertisement