Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lance---will he or wont he

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 'yes' -he wouldn't have announced a comeback if he wasn't going to do le Tour in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

My own thinking on this - and I could be way off - is that Lance will support Contador in le Tour in return for his support in the Giro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

SetOverSet wrote: »
    My own thinking on this - and I could be way off - is that Lance will support Contador in le Tour in return for his support in the Vuelta...

Yes you are. The Vuelta hasn't been mentioned yet, but the Giro has.

penexpers wrote: »
    Yes you are. The Vuelta hasn't been mentioned yet, but the Giro has.

D'oh :o Cheers! That's what I get for trying to multi-task - obv meant Giro. Post edited...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Armstong's being an utter primadonna over the Tour. Pruhomme has said right from the start that he's as welcome as anyone else. However, he's been going on as if he'll only grace them with his presence if he gets a personal welcome.
    "In normal life, I always attend a party if I'm invited and welcome. If I don't feel that I'm welcome, even if I'm invited, I don't go. Here it'll be the same."
    SetOverSet wrote: »
    My own thinking on this - and I could be way off - is that Lance will support Contador in le Tour in return for his support in the Giro...

Contador said he isn't riding the Giro next year.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Well that's that theory knocked on the head then.

Agree about the primadonna act. According to Bruyneel, Lance would only ride the tour '...if he thought the atmosphere around the race and the fans would be welcoming.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

el tonto wrote: »
    Armstong's being an utter primadonna over the Tour. Pruhomme has said right from the start that he's as welcome as anyone else. However, he's been going on as if he'll only grace them with his presence if he gets a personal welcome.

That quote looks like it's being attributed to the manager of Astana. I think that's a fair comment after the treatment they got.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

penexpers wrote: »
    That quote looks like it's being attributed to the manager of Astana. I think that's a fair comment after the treatment they got.

Well, considering they crapped all over the race the previous two years, its hardly surprising they didn't get an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

He won't go.

Reasons being the Italians are well known to turn a blind eye to doping. They will let him dope away at the Giro.
    The French would hound him and if he took anything take him down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just my view but I don't think Lance will be doping this year. There is too much at stake, if he's caught it vindicates all the people who've been saying he's been doping his whole career. If he rides and doesn't win it'll be simply put down to age.
    I think he'll ride both the Giro and TDF, He won't win either though !
    PS I'd be quite cynical re doping in cycling but do think it is alot better and over the nest 2-3 years will continue to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

RobFowl wrote: »
    Just my view but I don't think Lance will be doping this year. There is too much at stake, if he's caught it vindicates all the epople who've been saying he's bee doping his whole career. If he rides and doesnt win it'll be simply put down to age.

I totally agree with this. He mightn't do to bad either without doping since the power output levels are down these days. He might be able to compete in some shape or form.

Advertisement