Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want....

Options
  • 23-10-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

IMG_3002-850-65.jpg

New condor bikes launched, and tasty!

linky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is nice...(but what's with the rear spokes?!)...

IMG_3036-850-65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

IMG_3041-850-65.jpg

check out the wheel in the background with the white spokes. this is laced in a 'snowflake' style. not sure if there's any benefits to this apart from aesthetic? one of the guys from condor builds them i think - he has a small piece in the ride journal about wheel building (thats a nice purchase by the way, i'd recommend it to everyone here, good reading in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

maybe it's an anti-skanger tactic - it looks like it's already caved in so they don't bother jumping on it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

here's some other wierd lacings

3leading3trailing2.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Wonder what rims those are on the Condor. I know they're badged Continental, but they don't make rims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Lumen wrote: »
    This is nice...(but what's with the rear spokes?!)...
    It's an aesthetic/hipster thing. No structural advantages. Good luck truing that wheel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Looks a bit like my one ... exept that my one was personalized, hense it's much better ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I think that snowflake pattern is pretty terrible looking, especially on that Condor Pista. Couldn't be more out of place!

Advertisement