Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSET funding for research masters

Options
  • 23-10-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm wondering if anybody has been awarded an IRCSET postgraduate scholarship for a research masters as opposed to a Phd? I would like to do a Phd abroad at some stage but would prefer to stay in Ireland at the moment for personal reasons. A funded research masters seems like a good idea to gain some experience of postgraduate work as well as earn a small bit of money!! Has anybody followed a similar path and managed to get funding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elless

IRCSET were in WIT in February of this year and were looking for people to do research masters etc some people were already doing a research programme but wanted to transfer to a Phd which was also available to them.I attended that meeting and hoped to apply but missed the deadline due to health reasons.The people involved were very helpful and I agree they would be a good path to take so I would suggest that you contact WIT on 051 302000 and ask to speak to someone in administration who should point you in the right direction.Good luck with your studies and I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

As I understand it the stated policy of IRCSET is to fund PhD level only, although some ppl graduate early with MSc. In my university I have never heard of anyone securing IRCSET funding based on an MSc level proposal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

YOu can apply for either a funded MSc or PhD

I applied this year and there was the option to apply for either.

Advertisement