Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballon d'Or 2008

Options
  • 23-10-2008 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Surely nobody but C.Ronaldo will win this??!

OK ITS SHORT PRICE = hes 1/2..............but for me thats like buying money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

where was that price???? its not like buying money, its more like giving the bookies a loan which they will pay back on Dec 2nd with 50% interest

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nothing is set in stone.

While Ronaldo is the clear favourite, these type of awards have sprung up surprises before as recently as Cannavaro in 2006. Did feck all in club football but led Italy to the World Cup and that was enough to win. Torres/Xavi led Spain to the Euros so it would not be a massive shock if one of them got it.

Let's not forget this is done by a French magazine who probably don't have Sky Sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

paddy power give the price.
    i hear what your sayind xavi about the surprises... but ronaldo had a great season the year kaka won it and ronaldo came 2nd. Now last season he led man utd to a european/domestic double and scoring 40 something goals in the process, ok didnt have much success with Portugal but....if he doesnt win this then there is definitly something wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

yeah realistically we're over reacting about it being like 'buying money' but 1/2 is still a HUGE price. In the long run he'd only have to win it 2 times out of 3 and i really think he's got more than a 66% chance of winning it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

2/5 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'd be a layer of 1.4

I'd give the award to Messi personally.

Dodge wrote: »
    I'd be a layer of 1.4

I'd give the award to Messi personally.

dont get me wrong, messi is brilliant but..... theres no way he should get it over CR. no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

has to be CR for this, i'd consider lumping but I have a niggling thought that our opinion may not be the same as the journalists..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Torres scored the winning goal in a european championship final, that might swing it for him:D

happy days! got my money for this!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement