Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movember

Options
  • 23-10-2008 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭

Well? Anyone partaking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

is this one of those querky australian themed things?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No it's the raise awareness about testicular cancer. It's not a feckin gimmick.

Considerin partaking alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

oh. well i'll be off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Well? Anyone partaking?

I did it last year.
    Christ, I looked terrible. Started with the mo, but after a week it looked so dodgy and sleazy that i went for a full beard until the final week.
    Finished with handle bars that ended in the middle of my jaw line.
    Not sure if NZ is taking part this year. No advertisements for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I am already aware of testicular cancer, but only because i saw a moustache when i was a young fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I did it last year and look dodgy as!

Well worth doing, I had a ginger tash! look terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Should anyone doing it be made post a before and after pic?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Rabies wrote: »
    I did it last year.
    Christ, I looked terrible. Started with the mo, but after a week it looked so dodgy and sleazy that i went for a full beard until the final week.
    Finished with handle bars that ended in the middle of my jaw line.
    Not sure if NZ is taking part this year. No advertisements for it

I was supposed to organise it at work. Then we were told it was cancelled. Then we got a phone call to say it wasn't cancelled and the website is up and running. Guess it is on then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

watna wrote: »
    I was supposed to organise it at work. Then we were told it was cancelled. Then we got a phone call to say it wasn't cancelled and the website is up and running. Guess it is on then.

Ronnie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha^

i'd imagine there's plenty of guys still doing it, whether it's advertised or not, it just seems quite engrained into the concept of november, that one must grow facial hair and feel good about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I was all up for this, but I met someone last weekend,and She's not a fan of beards, pure luck that I had shaved mine off that mornin to go to a Funeral, had I been beardy that night I'd be single still and doin the whole Movember thing.

still tho I'll try and briing it up in conversation as being for a good cause, and maybe I'll sneak back me beard that way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

that is what happened me too. met a girl a couple of weeks before movember. She didn't want me taking part. Once it was over she loved the beard, but not the mo. I've kept the beard since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I saw an ad for this this morning. Looks like something off a pink floyd album.

Also, on movember.com theres an irish sub-site!

Advertisement