Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I need a MRI scan

Options
  • 22-10-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

hey, so anyway i think i need a MRI scan done but i don't know how to go about it. I keep getting dizzy spells when i'm lying down or when i close my eyes, this has been happening for last 6 months i'd say, and now, in d last few weeks i'm getting very bad head aches. I want a MRI scan done to find out if there is something wrong. I have VHI Health Care but i'm unsure whether it will cover MRI. Anyone know how to go about getting a MRI scan and if its covered with VHI

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Visit your Doctor, might be better than self-diagnosis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

yeah you need to get a refferral from a GP... your case sounds slightly more serious than mine though. If it were me i would get in ASAP.

I got an MRI done about 2 or 3 weeks ago. got a referral ont he friday, and by the tuesday i had an appointment, results summary were out to the doctor for my appointment today (i thikn there were out alow sooner than that).

The GP would recommend a consultant to see after that i expect.

as i said sooner the better lad ! they could do something now that they might not be able to do in 2months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

I'm locking this thread.

No one here can diagnose / recommend an MRI or any other scan.

If you are having dizzy spells & head aches for any lenght of time, you need medical expertise ... not an internet forum.

Visit your doctor. Good luck ... I hope you feel better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement