Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling shops in the West?

Options
  • 22-10-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine is big into road racing. I was thinking of getting him a voucher that he can use to upgrade his kit as a present but dont know where to get one for. Are there any decent cycling shops somewhere in Limerick-Clare-Galway area? I know next to nothing about this sport so any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Maybe Kearney Cycles in Galway. I haven't been in myself but I hear they have a good selection of road bikes.

http://www.kearneycycles.com/

(and lawnmowers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

An Siopa Rothar on John St in Limerick City - what they don't know about cycling isn't worth knowing. They're honest, helpful and if they don't have it there's no such thing as cant be got. Are 91 years in business, it's a small shop but they kit out the best while still treating the guy going to buy his kid a first bike the same as he'd treat a top club racer looking to go top spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Nigels Cycles in Galway is an excellent store. Nigel still races at club level and really knows his stuff. They have a great selection there too. Service is top notch also.

http://nigelscycles.com/

Gibbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

From Lmk living in Gwy.

Best service I got from them all was Siopa Rothar John St. Limerick and Nigel's Liosban Ind Est Galway. Not familiar with Ennis scene I'm afraid.

Advertisement