Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet bliss vat rate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Back at 21% today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tell the VAT man about it.

The cheek of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmanning

here is the reply i got from them

Mountains from molehills comes to mind here !
    It has now been altered
    Regards
    malcolm

Really, I am sure the VAT man would think very differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Don't know why they bothered it's not like it go's into their pockets and only raises there prices. idiots

Report them, it's bad enough were not getting pay rises, and they are aloud put up bills, drink, fags and petrol before those who are a loud it.:confused: Report them wouldn't like to think they are pocketing it until the vat man says it's there's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

dmanning wrote: »
    here is the reply i got from them

Mountains from molehills comes to mind here !
    It has now been altered
    Regards
    malcolm

That's a pretty rude reply to send to a customer, I'm actually more shocked at that then the increase in the prices.

I would have replied with:
    Sh*ty customer service comes to mind here, don't bother I'll just take by business elsewhere
    Regards
    A pet bliss ex-customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

all i can say is wow thats a very bad reply if any of my guys this this they be shot,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

That really is shocking! If they had to deal with all their customers face to face with that sort of attitude they would soon be out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I would have some sympathy over the original mistake in increasing the VAT rate. The actual application of the new rate was only clarified earlier this week, and mistakes do happen.

As for the reply, while at first it looks like terrible customer service, none of us have any idea what the tone and content of the original e-mail was, so I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions. In fact I would be quite weary of the motives of the op, given that outside of his posts in this thread, half ( 3 of 6 at the time of writing) of his posts mention one specific pet store and a further one is in a thread that also mentions that same pet store. I would at least entertain the possibility that there is more to this than meets the eye and not jump blindly to conclusions.

Caution would be wise in this situation. I am looking into his other posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmanning

replay to post by wreck

yes i go to that pet shop and have done for ten years whats wrong with that ?
    People who post will reconmend the place they know and i have used pet bliss in the past but never a again
    and the content of my email to pet bliss is as follows:
    > how come your vat rate is at 21.5% on ie harry hamster 1kg and the vat
    > rate is not changing until 1/12/08

as for the vat rate when the budget was announced the date was clear that the rate would change on 1/12/2008

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Sorry to hijack the thread but i'd like to echo the OPs complaints about customer service for pet bliss, i ordered some items from these people on Oct.30th, still haven't gotten anything, i had to ring them a while back about it, was told an item i ordered was out of stock but they would send a similar item to me, 2 weeks later i can't get through to them on the phone and my emails are un-answered, has anyone else ever had this kind of trouble with them? I must say i am most displeased! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

i have had trouble with their coustomer service before also. so i nolonger use them!
    i get everything from rep-direct now. they are brilliant, great coustomer service and prices. but they only do reptile products!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

i have had trouble with their coustomer service before also. so i nolonger use them!
    i get everything from rep-direct now. they are brilliant, great coustomer service and prices. but they only do reptile products!!
    i retract what i said about rep-direct in this post (i cant delete it)

Advertisement