Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco delivery 1c this weekend

Options
  • 22-10-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Valid from 23rd to 26th incl.

No coupon necessary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some poor young lad is going to have his back done in with carrying if there is a beer offer on!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I use to use Tesco for a few years, dreadful service, there was usually at least a few items missing that I'd be charged for, the last string was my last order about a year ago when they missed a whole pallet of shopping worth over €30 and I still haven't gotten the money back :mad:

Often fruit, bread, etc. would be close to or actually out of date and they were often out of stock of stuff. Also the deliveries guys wanted to leave the pallet with you, which is a pain when you live in an apartment.

Since then I've changed to Superquinn and it is like night and day, superb service. Never once has there been a missing item from the delivery, the fruit, etc. is always fresh and as good as your mother would pick out and they have never been out of stock of anything I've ordered. Also the delivery guys hand you the shopping in a bag and take the pallets with them.

Way, way, way better service.

Superquinn seem to do free delivery every other weekend, they have done it 4 days in the last week, I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

well i've had exactly the same problem with superquinn.

i.e. they were out of club orange so some full subsituted orange juice? 4 feck litres of OJ!!!

a the special offers are frequently out of stock!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There is a beer offer on..

25% back on your clubcard on all Beers, Wines and Spirits from Thurs to Monday 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

does that apply to deliveries too i wonder?

*orders crates and crates of beer

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Igy wrote: »
    does that apply to deliveries too i wonder?
    *orders crates and crates of beer

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bk wrote: »
    Often fruit, bread, etc. would be close to or actually out of date
    We've used them a few times and noticed that also. it seems as if they deliberately use the staler stuff for home deliveries.

Re: alcohol - Do they deliver it? How do they know that the buyer is the legal age etc.?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

well i've had exactly the same problem with superquinn.

i.e. they were out of club orange so some full subsituted orange juice? 4 feck litres of OJ!!!

There is an option you can check which tells them not to substitute items. You can also leave them notes about each item, telling them what to substitute for it.
    a the special offers are frequently out of stock!

In the last year I've been using them they have never once been out of stock, perhaps I'm lucky or maybe it is the store that delivers to me (Swords store BTW).

Either way they are a hundred times better then Tesco.

Advertisement