Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollingsworth question

Options
  • 22-10-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone know what time Hollingsworth opens till in the evenings?

I think I'm gonna bring the rothar down for a 'service'. I'm still quite the novice when it comes to all things bicycle. I've tried making a few adjustments and tightening a few things here and there but I really seemed to be doing more damage than anything else. I've had problems with my front derailleur and front brake recently.

Is a service worth getting? What do they actually do? I know they'll probably tell me themselves when I ask them later on. But what do they actually actually do? Think it's 40 euro for the job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

which one? kilmacud? If so Joe Dalys is just a bit further down the road and gets better reviews.
    edit: there's loads of instructables on the web for adjusting derailleurs, brakes etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Kilmacud, 6:30 I think. Was there yesterday getting gears sorted. "Magic", one of the mechanics, also offered to service my bike at some stage, 40-50 euro because there wasn't that much wrong. Might get it (hack bike) done at the end of the winter.
    Actually, not hack at all, Giant SCR 3.0 just over a year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭penfold83

Sorry, Templeogue Village...didn't realise there was more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

penfold83 wrote: »
    Sorry, Templeogue Village...didn't realise there was more than one.

emmm worth searching the boards for peoples opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭penfold83

Just spent the last while reading through old posts about people's opinions on various bike shops. If I'm to believe everyone, there's not a bike shop left in Dublin that I should trust. Some have good experiences, some have bad experiences. As 'theshiels' says half way down in this topic ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055071074&highlight=hollingsworth+templeogue&page=4 ... it's as much about the customer's attitude as it is about the shop.

I've been in to Hollingsworth in Templeogue a couple of times now and I've absolutely no complaints.

• Advertisement
Advertisement