Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol prices (comparison)

Options
  • 22-10-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just wondering if we could start a thread with regards to petrol/diesel prices throughout the county and maybe even Tullamore too as I know most of my neighbours get their petrol from Tescos.

Maybe we can come up with a definitive list first and then just update the list on a regular basis (mods can make it a sticky when requested please).

Well I'll start in anyway with the 3 I'd normally use:

Portarlington
    1. Emo
    2. Maxol

Tullamore
    1. Tescos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

super valu in port is normally cheapest. 1.18 for unleaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Usually get petrol for the car in tesco's in tullamore think its bout 118 r 119 cent a litre.

sometimes i use esso across from the court hotel depending.. think he was 126 but someone told me he has dropped his prices a bit i think.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,284 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

diesel in port is approx 119.9 ...

i think sean ryan might be 118.9...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

h guys the cheapest place to get petrol in port is in the statoil down by mitchells butchers and its just up from lansdowne houses. i filled up there less then an hour ago and it was 116.9

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I know the place beside supervalu was cheapest for a good while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

The first petrol station on your left going into newbridge off the motorway is always cheaper, can't remember what it's called now!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I'm up and down to dublin daily so i always pop into the Maxol on the curragh side of newbridge. 116.9 for Diesel. Petrol is the same price as Portarlington.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

genie_us wrote: »
    The first petrol station on your left going into newbridge off the motorway is always cheaper, can't remember what it's called now!
    McLoughlins!

kmart6 wrote: »
    McLoughlins!

thats texaco, maxol is closer to motorway and same price

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's actually McLoughlins...look at the logo its McL.....and as genie_us was talking about the petrol station on the left not the right that's why I said McLoughlins!

WEB%20MCL%20NEW%20FORE%20CANlg.jpg

• Advertisement

my mistake, I taught ya replied to my comment not genie_us.

I still call that place Texaco because it was always Texaco. I remember long before newbrige was bypass them having the old Tecaco lorries in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Well folks, Supervalu was 115. for unleaded yesterday (and maybe for diesel too though am happy to be corrected!)

Sorry just realised, as was Texaco in the Main St...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Folks,

Fair play for your responses to date. May I suggest that when updating prices in future that you quote this post and whatever the change/addition is you put it in Red font.

SuperValu/Emo (Portarlington) - 115
    Texaco (Portarlington) - 115
    McLoughlins (going into Newbridge) - ???
    Maxol (on the curragh side of newbridge) - 116.9 for Diesel
    Statoil (down by mitchells butchers and just up from lansdowne houses) - 116.90
    Tescos (Tullamore) - 119

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cork rd waterford, 111.9

Horgan wrote: »
    Cork rd waterford, 111.9

Someones lost... :pac: :D:p;)

welcome to the Laois forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

eh guys the petrol prices have been up and down the past week. maxol and texaco were 119 on sat- monday and since yesterday theyre 115 jus saying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Or if you're up and down to Dublin every day 113 in the Green Apple at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Diesel 112.9 at Three Rivers Depot near Eircom in Portlaoise.

Advertisement