Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever use a spoke tension meter?

Options
  • 22-10-2008 12:28pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has used one and think they're worthwhile, i.e. a sure fire route to perfect wheels?

Bit of background. I'm moderately competent on wheels. Can replace a spoke or fix a wobble. However, hit the mother of all potholes a while back and it kind of messed up my front wheel. Ended up with a bit of a wobble, but also very noisy spokes, because the tensions had become uneven. Already bought it to a bike shop to get it seen to, but that job only lasted a ride or two and it was noisy as ever afterwards. Have since adjusted it myself and its much better but still a bit noisy when standing out of the saddle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Give me a week and I'll let you know. Have the Park Tools one on order.

Advertisement