Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2009 route

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

"Instead of the final weekend coming down to the usual individual race against the clock, the final showdown will be on the slopes of Le Mont Ventoux – the last of four summit finishes – on the day before the race finishes in Paris."

Yes!!!!!!! Now I can't wait :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Everyone going balls to the wall up the Ventoux on the penultimate day should be great. Can't believe they didn't think of it before.

55km total of ITTs is very short and there'll be a few unhappy campers. Team TT returns though which I'm a bit wary about. If someone gets 5 minutes on everyone else from it I won't be a happy man.

el tonto wrote: »
    Everyone going balls to the wall up the Ventoux on the penultimate day should be great. Can't believe they didn't think of it before.

55km total of ITTs is very short and there'll be a few unhappy campers. Team TT returns though which I'm a bit wary about. If someone gets 5 minutes on everyone else from it I won't be a happy man.

Agree about the Team TT, but it will be interesting to see how the teams fare... would CSC have done so well if there was a Team TT this year... I think it's going to be interesting to see Astana (if invited) going head to head with CSC and Cervelo (depending on who's racing).

Can't wait to see the lads kill themselves (hopefully not literally!) on Ventoux

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Boards trip to the TdeF

Raam wrote: »
    Boards trip to the TdeF

Well, I'm on for doing the Etape, depending on where it is... fingers crossed for Ventoux!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

May as well get the official link in there

Well, I'm on for doing the Etape, depending on where it is... fingers crossed for Ventoux!
    How would you fancy this stage? Ouch

Edit: It is Ventoux! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Raam wrote: »
    Boards trip to the TdeF
    I'd be keen on doing the route, maybe the day before? There was a British guy who did this IIRC with his wife driving support, seemed quite manageable.

Diarmuid wrote: »

Now that would be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Diarmuid wrote: »

Yea for Ventoux! TBH Stage 17 you linked there seems substantially worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Wonder are the tour organisers trying to drop a hint to Lance that he is not welcome.

penexpers wrote: »
    Wonder are the tour organisers trying to drop a hint to Lance that he is not welcome.
    I think the hints have been dropped already. Interesting article here.. Some great quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

I'd would love to go to the Ventoux stage - Le Boards whats best way of getting there?

Advertisement