Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed : Lost Band?

Options
  • 22-10-2008 10:58am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Probably not the first time I've asked this on Boards.ie but I'm trying to find out if I'm correctly remembering something or if I'm just going crazy.

I'm thinking of a band that I saw in a pub in Carlow, ~1993, when I was in the RTC studying Physics. I'm 99% sure they were called SHANE and played typical 'The Stunning/The 4 of us' style music that was popular at the time.

Does anyone remember them? Were they ever famous or just doing the RTC/IT rounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

You're not going crazy, as I recall such a band too. Never saw them though, so that's as far as my insight goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Shaine?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nolanger wrote: »
    Shaine?

You know what, I think that's it !

Goggle gives me 2 results and one refers to a 1991 'hit' called 'Dreamtown' and even after all the cider and hash that song title rings some distinct bells somewhere...

p.s. the cider and the hash was from 1992, not today :)

Managed to download an MP3 of an old song of theirs.

Thanks again !

Sorry for the 2 year bump but thanks to the thread I located the band, their CD and put up a song on Youtube so I can listen to it whenever I like :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement