Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a web based calculator

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking to create a web based calculator that I can use on an intranet.

Basically I need it to perform calculations of repair charges based on the cogs value of the product, list price it was sold for and taking shipping (3 tier pricing) etc into account.

Is this something that is straight forword or a nightmare?

Any help or advice is much appreciated. Not used much PHP etc before.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What have you used before? Do you know any javascript, that is probably the easiest way of doing it, unless you need to save data back to the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

Thanks for the reply p.

Have only used an Excel sheet in the past offline.

Don't think there would need to be a reason to get data back just work out the price with shipping and a few other things.

Forgot to mention it would need to ouput in €, £, $ and Yen and be editable variables etc.

If you've no web or programming experience, then it's going to be tough.

For someone with web experience it's not a big job, maybe find a find or relation who's studying computer science and ask them to help.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

maybe try getting someone to do it for you on a site like www.elance.com - i'd say its not a difficult job for someone who really know's what they are doing. Should not cost too much.

Or perhaps you might find some scripts which does the basis of what you want and you can build on it from there...

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

why not use the excel sheet and place it on the file server in the company thus giving everyone access to it?

or is there a specific requirement that it's web based?

• Advertisement

Oh, and what happenes if you export the excel doc as HTML?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Advertisement