Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for music teachers.

Options
  • 22-10-2008 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I've recently been contacted by someone working for Songschool about running some workshops in the school I work in. I was just wondering if anyone here has worked with them, and if so, how was it. On the surface it seems like a great idea, but I would love to hear from somebody who has had first hand experience with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hoemonkey

dintbo wrote: »
    I've recently been contacted by someone working for Songschool about running some workshops in the school I work in. I was just wondering if anyone here has worked with them, and if so, how was it. On the surface it seems like a great idea, but I would love to hear from somebody who has had first hand experience with them.

I work for them and if you want references you can go on the website or maybe even contact some of the schools we have done, we have done many schools around the country so if you ask around you will get an unbiased opinion. But we work very hard at making our workshops as enjoyable and successful as possible. I can say hand on heart that having started with them as an outsider there is no other group doing this with as much experience and professional ability as we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

First of all, welcome to Boards.ie.

Secondly, it is generally frowned upon to drag up threads that are more than a month old.

Thirdly, just beware that if you give the impression that you signed up to Boards.ie to promote the company you work for, you won't last very long.

If, however, you want to engage in discussion about something you obviously have knowledge of, and an interest in, then you will fit right in.

I appreciate you are new around here, hence why I am trying to get you off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hoemonkey

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    First of all, welcome to Boards.ie.

Secondly, it is generally frowned upon to drag up threads that are more than a month old.

Thirdly, just beware that if you give the impression that you signed up to Boards.ie to promote the company you work for, you won't last very long.

If, however, you want to engage in discussion about something you obviously have knowledge of, and an interest in, then you will fit right in.

I appreciate you are new around here, hence why I am trying to get you off to a good start.

I appreciate your concern for me and my life span on this forum. The reason I mentioned who I work for is because the thread was asking the question about them (you may have missed that), I do not go around spouting my employers name randomly just for the hell of it. As far as the one month old thread rule, well that just seems stupid to me ( I am a member of many other forums) and I don't really care about people frowning, if I want to post on thread no matter how old then its down to me is it not. But your concern is duly noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hoemonkey wrote: »
    I appreciate your concern for me and my life span on this forum. The reason I mentioned who I work for is because the thread was asking the question about them (you may have missed that), I do not go around spouting my employers name randomly just for the hell of it. As far as the one month old thread rule, well that just seems stupid to me ( I am a member of many other forums) and I don't really care about people frowning, if I want to post on thread no matter how old then its down to me is it not. But your concern is duly noted.

Right, so it's going to be like that is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Hoemonkey wrote: »
    As far as the one month old thread rule, well that just seems stupid to me ( I am a member of many other forums) and I don't really care about people frowning, if I want to post on thread no matter how old then its down to me is it not. But your concern is duly noted.

In fact it is not down to you. Moderators here make the decisions on whether a poster is posting within guidelines. If you wish to antagonise moderators, do it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement