Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing -> Engineering

Options
  • 22-10-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Not totally sure where is most relevant to post this so here I am.

I'm currently doing a Computer Programming course in ITTallaght and already have a Higher Cert (Level 7).

My question is, what kind of relation can this have to either mechanical engineering or electronic engineering. Is there any link or are they completely separate? I want to do something along the lines of these but I don't want to feel like I wasted 3 or 4 years.I couldn't imagine sitting at a desk all day. I'd much prefer to be working in a lab or something along those lines.

Also, are there any specific courses that interlink with some knowledge of computer programming, like a postgrad course in either, therefore shortening the length of the course?

Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think there's definitely plenty of scope there, speaking as someone who has an EE background. What skills/programming languages do you currently have? I wonder would maybe a year-long course in something EE-related be a good idea? You might get a better flavour of what you'd like to specialize in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kleftangel

Mostly Java at the moment but I'm half way through a term of C++ with another year and a half to go. Learning web languages also like C# (asp.NET), html, css and more.

I'm not really sure where to look for courses because all the normal website like Qualifax give Level 6 - 8 courses for Leaving Cert students which isn't really what I'm looking for.

Advertisement