Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Boldo Pass

Options
  • 22-10-2008 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I'm planning on taking a trip to NE Italy next spring with the bike. This route was recommended to me. It's in the Dolomites, but I'm not sure how steep it is.

What d'ye think?

(Last thread I'm starting tonight, I promise.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I don't get it, they look like bikes but they don't seem to be pedalling. Where is the fun in that???? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I don't get it, they look like bikes but they don't seem to be pedalling. Where is the fun in that???? :eek:

What, is that not what a "road bike" looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

It looks like its a stop-go system... how would that work out if you're on the bike and taking a lot longer to get to the other set of lights? Can't imagine an on-coming car would be very nice in those tight tunnels.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

72hundred wrote: »
    It looks like its a stop-go system... how would that work out if you're on the bike and taking a lot longer to get to the other set of lights? Can't imagine an on-coming car would be very nice in those tight tunnels.

Good point that. And it definitely is stop-go...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Good point that. And it definitely is stop-go...
    The tunnel on top of the Galibier was stop go; bikes were prohibited from it though, had to take the Col :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

blorg wrote: »
    The tunnel on top of the Galibier was stop go; bikes were prohibited from it though, had to take the Col :D

Fixed that for ya

Advertisement